Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chance Dance Romance


The moon had risen over the peaceful straights on a comfortably still night. My fatigue from the long day's ride remained an undercurrent to the tide of desire for communion with the fellowship among whom I had journeyed that day through sun and hail and wind and rain to cross the northern coast and farmlands, an experience which now intertwined us all in safe comradery. Venturing out again just before midnight, I walked back to the bright and festive town without expectation, just feeling a necessity toward movement. The band beckoned at The Horn so even though the doorman rudely bounced me to queue, I waited, hoping to find someone with whom to dance. I was rewarded at once upon entering; within ten seconds a young vixen, three sheets to the wind, draped herself upon me. We danced, close, but she was not coherent and perilously unbalanced so I moved along through the pulsating tavern without destination. Fifteen seconds later I broke through the crowd into a corner and came face-to-face with another dancer, fit and much more my contemporary. We matched movements instantly and effortlessly, swaying and swinging then brushing against each other, whispering sentiments and exchanging sensibilities, first respecting a microscopic separation then finally giving in to the music and the freedom and the rising lust until eventually we were in a sexual parlay on the dance floor, erotically tucking and dipping, laughing and turning, moving together as one in a two hour embrace to the music, caressing discrete moments of skin, exchanging breath and exploring each other's sensuality, just past the limits of decency. Breathlessly, the clock struck 2:00. We crossed the street into the night, gently kissed, tender but now past passion, and I bid her farewell to watch her board the ferry and sail out into the shimmering moonlit water. I turned back to wander past the old fort and sing softly to the cool night air, content with the experience, without expectation.

Mackinac Island
After the Zoo-De-Mac 50 Mile Bike Ride ~ May 17, 2008

No comments: